- 1 pound of peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 3/4 cup beer
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of cubed cornbread (I used this recipe , only I baked the cornbread in an 8×8 pan)
- 8 cups spring greens
- 1 ear grilled corn , kernels removed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8 ounces cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 chipotle chile, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- salt + pepper, taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet and spread the cubed cornbread in an even layer on the baking. Add a few tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Carefully toss the cornbread in the olive oil, making sure not to let the corn bread crumble into small pieces. Toast in the oven for 7-10 minutes, turning once, or until cubes are browned the way you like them. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the cornbread bakes work on the shrimp. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add the butter. Add the shrimp, beer, garlic, smoked paprika, brown sugar, cayenne, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer until the shrimp is cooked through and the sauce has thickened and reduced down to about 1/3 a cup or so, about 10 minutes total. Stir the shrimp 3 or 4 times while cooking.
- In a small bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lime juice, honey, chipotle pepper and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the salad place the spring greens, tomatoes, grilled corn and avocados in a large bowl. Add as much of the dressing as you would like and toss well. Divide the greens among four plates or bowls. Top each plate with equal amounts of the cornbread croutons and cubed cheddar cheese. Finally, divide the shrimp among the salads adding some of the sauce as well, if desired. Serve immediately.